- Stop having falls.
- Stop feeling disoriented or dizzy.
- Improve your balance.
- Reduce pain and inflammation.
- Reduce symptoms of arthritis, peripheral neuropathy, Parkinson's disease.
- Get rid of lower back pain.
- Walk much more easily.
- Thrive while aging instead of having to endure the difficulties and challenges of getting older.
- Balance News: I have written many articles on how to improve health for those older. There are many topics of interest for seniors. Among them: 1) How fear affects our balance, 2) Tips for avoiding falls in parking lots, 3) Recommendations for relieving neck pain and stiffness, etc.
- With my DVDs you can take balance classes in your own home or center. Building Better Balance is a series of DVD based classes that help you improve your balance through easy and enjoyable exercises. Each class is informative about preventing particular types of falls and addressing different aspects of the aging process. For example, the second in the series teaches you how to walk more easily. All the classes focus on balance improvement and are safe overall workouts, 45 minutes seated, 15 minutes standing.
- I frequently give presentations on fall prevention, balance improvement and chronic symptom reduction at conferences, senior centers and other organizations interested in elder health.
As an expert in the field of balance and fall prevention, my goal is to show you how to age well with less stiffness and pain. I especially want to help you improve your balance and no longer have falls. Those goals are very much in reach with specific exercise that is simple and safe that enhances our lives as we age instead of the reverse. My program is called Building Better Balance. Throughout all of my work, I strive to help you understand how you can change your life for the better. I have written many articles on subjects important to seniors. And I have created a series of DVDs that help you learn these important principles.
If you are concerned about having falls, start a regular exercise routine and stick to it. If you are facing challenges as you get older, become more active, not less active.
"How can I thank you enough for healing me! I was happily surprised when I went up the stairs easily with NO pain after the class with you on Friday! I went through the day pain-free and anticipated another hard night trying to turn over in bed. But instead I awoke from a wonderful night FREE OF PAIN! You did it! And I am praising you to the sky!" Margaret Oakden.
"You have been so instrumental in my overall well being. My lumbar, my hips that were always achey, have been relieved substantially. The variety of exercises - each one is unique and unto itself - keep the injuries from recurring." Harvey Stewart.
Having this kind of success is wonderful but the best part of learning this approach toward aging is how much confidence you develop in yourself and your abilities. It really changes how life feels in your golden years.